Thursday 22 April 2010

Bugs Bunny

Bugs Bunny is arguably one of the most popular cartoon characters around. He first appeared on TV in 1940 alongside Elmer Fudd, and is infamous for his catchphrase "Eh...what's up doc?" which he usually says while chewing happily away on a carrot.

Bugs is a smarty pants and highly self-confident. He wins every battle he fights no matter who it is with or what the situation is due to his quick wit and and brash resourcefulness.

Bugs' biggest rival was Elmer Fudd, a pigeon-brained hunter who seemed to be a bit gay. Elmer never managed to outwit Bugs due to his lack of common sense and constantly managed to injure himself and antagonise other characters who cropped up in the show.

Bugs made guest appearances in the 1990s TV show Tiny Toon Adventures, where he was the principal of Acme Looniversity, and he had cameos in Tazmania, Animaniacs and Historia. He also appeared in the films Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Space Jam and the 2003 film Looney Tunes: Back in Action.

In 2002, Bugs was named as the greatest cartoon character of all time in TV Guide magazine and he has become the current official mascot for Six Flags theme parks. Go Bugs!

4 comments:

  1. I hated Bugs Bunny - and continue to do so.

    My favourite was always Wile E Coyote.

    Hmmm...this comment seems somewhat insubstantial. I'll return with something better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh, Bugs is good ole fun. Don't hate the guy.

    I do hate tweety pie though. That little fruit can GTFO.

    Had to go for Daffy. The guy wears no clothes yet puts a towel on after bathing. WUT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't mind the bugs, but he was a slightly annyoying character. I can kind of see which fudd face hated him, although he was also very annoying. In fact, I don't like many of the looney tunes characters, apart from one - why isn't sylvester on the 'best' list? I refuse to vote otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylvester isn't on the list because I can't put every character on it, I just chose five for it. I like Tweety Pie. I tot I taw a puddy tat!

    ReplyDelete